Friday, January 18, 2013

Writing For January

There's a lot going on in my household for the month of January. The basement is on it's way to being finished, they started working this past Tuesday on it. A lot of progress over the box cluttered basement. There are actual things that look like walls now! Almost more exciting is the fact that the DRIcore flooring system is going to go in today. All very exciting stuff!

Even more exciting is the amount of work I've put in on my blogs over the past week. I am more than just a little pleased with myself. I've gotten no less than two posts for this blog done to be posted in the future. I've also completed a monster post for my website with another one in the works that I hope to finish today. I'm trying to get ahead, can you tell? I've added a goal to my sheet this year and that is to post weekly on each blog at least! I have three so that's at least three articles that I should be writing a week. Or something equivalent to that. That being said I've been rather naughty and haven't been writing much in any of my novel writing projects. This isn't anything new really. After NaNoWriMo in November I tend to short out. Then you pile on Thanksgiving and Christmas and it's like running a race, finding out you have to jump hurdles at the end and once you've finished you realized that you didn't eat anything for breakfast. I guess writing my blogs uses a different part of my creative writing node in my brain. It's all good though. I usually break out of my funk sometime in February. It takes time to write blog posts and such. Especially those for my site. Those usually take a bit of research as well. During the month of November I don't think I posted anything at all, choosing instead to focus on my novel. I suppose this is payback.

It's probably just as well that both of my "regular"jobs (both of which are seasonal) have no need for me at the moment. While this does hurt my wallet it gives me time to really tackle my writing and other projects around the house. Like keeping track of the basement finishing and taking care of appointments for my son and pets.

So just a little update this time around. Look forward to some fascinating posts on this blog soon!                           

0 comments: