Saturday, December 29, 2012

Favorite Books of 2012

I don't tend to follow the bestseller lists and keep up with all of the new "must read" books by Oprah. I'm a mother of a two year old and wife to my Dear Husband. I read what appeals to me in the moment and if I don't get to the latest books of 2012 until 2013 well, that's just the way it goes!

I debated making a list of books I think I should have read or a list of books I actually might have liked from the past year but decided against either of those. Instead my list of books is one of books or series that I am currently reading (or rereading in some cases.)

Currently Reading:
The Chronicles of Elantra By Michelle Sagara
A great series of 8 books so far that I love. This is a re-read for me. It features a strong female main character (FMC for text speak) as well as magic, dragons and speaking lions. I highly recommend this to anyone!

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Series by Laurel K. Hamilton
Weres, Vampires, and Fae. Oh my! A very strong FMC and plenty of action and a quick moving plot for most books makes this series an easy and addictive read. Re-reading the whole thing because I want to read the latest three or four new ones that I've missed out on!


Newly Read in the Past Year: 
Mercy Thompson Series : Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs
This is another series with a strong female lead. I guess I've been on a supernatural kick lately between this and Laurel K Hamilton. This series is far more PG than Ms. Hamilton's though. Some nudity but not nearly so much gratuitous sex. The nudity can't really be avoided I think when it comes to the shape shifters.

The Best Intentions; Mrs. Lacey's Last Fling; A Garden Folly; A Proper Companion; An Affair of Honor; A Change of Heart by Candace Hern
I am a sucker for regency romances. Quality ones, in the vein of Jane Austen, are heard to find. many of them are "bodice rippers" and while those can be a good, quick beach read they are not what I usually go for.

0 comments: