Thursday, January 31, 2013

Writers My Life, My Inspiration

I think almost everyone knows a writer of some kind nowadays. With blogs being so prevalent and independent writers publishing all kinds of content on their own websites and different odd ball news and info sites it's really not that surprising.

I happen to know several writers but there's one that really inspired me when I was younger and still does. My father had a rather unusual medical life and ended up documenting it in a manuscript. Sadly by the time
the manuscript was finished his medical history was getting to be rather more commonplace and the manuscript was rejected by publishers. At least that's the story my mother told me with some details added in from my dad. My father has since passed away and the manuscript was written before the computer age so there are no backups. I wish I could have found his manuscript but my father was a very practical person. He kept anything I gave him but a manuscript that was rejected was probably tossed somewhere during one of our many moves. It's unfortunate. I really wish I could have read it and seen my father's writing style. Fortunately I have many letters that my father sent to me but I know that they just aren't the same, you know?

My parents have always encouraged me in my writing and praised my early efforts. It was my father's history though and his particular encouragement I think that really gave me that "oomph" to write.

0 comments: