Thursday, October 28, 2010

Something New and Shiny!

I was on the NaNoWriMo forums yesterday and I thought it would be cool to have a banner and cover made up by one of the local artisans! I'm trying to put the banner on this site but I'll post the cover here. Tell me what you think? I'm a fan but then it's the first time I've ever had a cover done before!

In other news: THERE'S ONLY THREE DAYS LEFT! *ahem* For those of you who don't quite know what I'm freaking out about, I'm talking about the yearly National Novel Writing Month. People all over the world get together on this website to make their lives totally insane for the month of November and hopefully wind up with a fifty thousand word novel at the end of it. If you've ever want to write a novel or even though about it vaguely than you should check it out. This is my third year participating and I am going to finish this year if it kills me! It starts on the fist of November so look quick!

UPDATE 11/7/2010: So I had this wonderful story idea and I was all gung-ho about it and even got one of the talented artists who haunt the NaNoWriMo forums to make up the spiffy cover above. About twenty four hours later I realized that it was a fabulous idea but I had no clue who would populate this novel or what kind of people they were. I also realized that I had no goal for the novel. This left me in a bad place indeed. So at the last possible moment I decided to use an idea that had floating around in my catch-all notebook that had a goal and I had a vague note about the two main characters.I have made a temporary banner below and maybe after NaNoWriMo is done I will make something spiffy for a cover in Corel Paint. As of right now I am not regretting my decision since I have been able to keep up, and exceed in some cases, the daily word count quota. All of which puts me in a great place for the expected mid-month slump and the craziness that comes with Thanksgiving!

0 comments: