Sunday, November 7, 2010

When It Rains....

It pours. NaNoWriMo started on November first. (For anyone who doesn't know what it is go here. For those of us crazy enough to do it, GET BACK TO WORK! LoL) I should do a little of what I preach right? Well here's a bit of news that makes me rather happy: as of right now I am a full day ahead of schedule! Go me! I have never been ahead by a full day that I can remember. By the end of tonight I hope to be two full days ahead!

What's my purpose to this insanity? For the past two years my hardest time comes in the middle of November. For some reason the middle of the month brings a major writer's block with it. For whatever reason all of a sudden I find myself searching for things, anything really, for my characters to do to try and get the story moving along. This typically happens to me near the end of the second week and lasts for a number of days. It stinks. My word count plummets and so does my morale. This year I am hoping to fight the inevitable by creating a buffer for myself. I figure if I can get ahead by a couple of days then the down turn in my daily word counts won't put me behind too much. Let's face it, it's hard during any project to see a significant downward trend. Between this writer's block and family obligations at Thanksgiving my chances in gaining my fifty thousand word count go from some to none.

Here's to winning this year, cheers! *shuffles back into her little corner and gets back to her characters held in suspended animation*

0 comments: