Friday, August 12, 2011

Working Against the House

It's been a fast week and no one knows it better than me. I was hoping to get all kinds of writing done on vacation but that of course didn't happen. Best laid plans and all that. During my week vacation at my mom's we had visitors, my son had the most impossible diaper rash and went through some nasty teething moments. I think at this point I just have to face the facts that my challenge for Camp NaNoWriMo is just not going to be met. This weekend my hubby and I are going shopping for appliances for the new house and we have the yearly company BBQ. Next Saturday we're leaving for vacation. I just am going to say that I am not going to be able to finish the challenge this month. It's kind of funny because I always thought that November was the most difficult time that you could do it. Apparently I was wrong. Perhaps it's the support from other writers for the month of November. At this point I  haven't even worked on any posts for my website....not good news.

Camp NaNoWriMo is a great idea and I was thrilled but I think that the hardest part of it is that you don't have the support like you do in November. In November we have write-ins and forums right there for you. Camp NaNo is not quite there. While "Cabins" are a great idea in theory I feel like the ML's are needed here too. It's a lot to ask of one person. To keep being ML for all the months of the year but I feel like there has to be a way around it. A way to have ML's without burning out a single person with the burden of it all.

0 comments: