Saturday, October 11, 2008

Stumped...like a 100 year old tree that's been cut down for paper.

Being a visual writer definatley has it's perks. Anything and everything you see can be turned into a story. A painting, a photograph, the random guy you see in Harvard Square that stops every five or six paces and looks around bug-eyed like a cartoon character while leaning on his wooden cane that everyone is fairly certain he doesn't need. Other times it can just be a pain in the arse. Right now I'm working on this story, for lack of a better title I call it Nighttime Reading (or NTR), and while I have the major and minor plot points down, I can't seem to pin down my characters. I know who they are and a general feeling for what they look like and what they do but as for specifics I can't seem to pin it down. 

This is unusual for me. Usually I get an idea for a character (the look, the personality, quirtks, you name it) at the same time I get my ideas for a story. I guess you could say I was blindsided by this one. The story plot, settings, and even the end came fairly easily (which is not usually the case) and I was left instead to wander the halls of my imagination for the characters. Very strange...at least for me. 

My Solution: I'm reaching out to artists (friends and strangers) on a local sharing site asking for someone to draw me a couple of visuals. On that note...can you help me?

Click to view daily statistics

0 comments: