Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Step Towards Literary Enligthenment

Muse [myooz] –noun
1. Any of a number of sister goddesses presiding over a particular art that inspires a poet, artist, thinker, or the like.

Right? WRONG!
*does a little happy dance around the living room, nearly steps on Elvis and sends Gwen running for the office*

So now that I've almost kill both of my cats...allow me to share my magnificient revelation: a muse doesn't have to be a person!! HA! This is something that hit me like a ton of brick this moring whe I was still in the process of waking up. We (people in general) tend to think of muses as being a person. Wether or not this is due to the fact that we know that they resembeled humans in Greek mythology or what but I, for one, am happy to rid myself of that perception!
My great revelation, as I said before, came to me this morning from way out in left field. One moment I was asleep the next WHAM, I was awake and thought "Isn't it funny how so many people are inspired by depravity and situations in general as opposed to actual people." Like I said, totally left field. The more I thought about that today the more I started to say, "Well duh!" I write from visual cues so couldn't a statue, painting, garden or stuffed animal be a muse. I'm sure it's not new news to tons of people but it is to me so *pbbt* to the rest of you. 

Aside from that, I didn't get any farther today in my writing of an actual scene. I decided that I wanted to do some character work and wrote about six pages per charcter. In it's way it was very useful as I got lots of ideas for future scenes and conflicts but as for getting more scene writing done today it was no help whatsoever. Hopefully I can make it up tomorrow...

0 comments: