Wednesday, December 1, 2010

50K and Counting!

NaNoWri Mo is officially over! I am very proud to say that for the first time in three years I have completed the month successfully. It is a little ironic considering that I have a seven month old to care for and didn't think that I was going to get anywhere near the goal. I am so excited! Of course the story itself is not nearly done. I have just reached the exciting part and I have come to realize that this will be best told from multiple points of view. The result is that I will have to go back and add in the additional points of view that are only hinted at at the moment. All in all I am very satisfied with the story so far though it will definitely need cleaning up when all is said and done.

In other news a few of the local Wrimos and I have decided to put together a low key writing group beginning in January. I am looking forward to that as well. I'm hoping that we'll do word sprints, critiques and maybe some writing prompts. Mostly I just want to get together with other writers for a couple of hours a week to keep on writing. More of an accountability group I guess. Well for now I'm going to try and keep my writing goal for about 3-5k a week. A lesser pace than the 11,700 per week of NaNoWriMo. I figure that will be enough to keep the creative juices flowing but not so much that I'll feel pressured and stress about it.

0 comments: