Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Taking a Breather / Balance in Writing Styles

Lately I've been working hard on turning out some of my research into articles for my website and that's meant putting my creative outlets on hold. I've tried going back and forth between projects and my brain doesn't switch over that easily. Has anyone else had that problem?

For instance, I've just completed one article that's turned out to be a beast and rather long and includes a fair bit of research. I'm pleased with how it's turned out but it doesn't provide me with the usual stress relief of writing one of my fiction pieces. I know I need to turn out at least one more article in the next couple of days since I'll be busy this weekend and unable to finish it then for next week.

I've never been very good at working with deadlines, even the ones I give myself! I'm flexible with myself because that's what life requires sometimes. On the flip side I try to make those deadlines firm in my mind so that I take them as seriously as, say, a publisher's. I look forward to the time where I can better balance the workload in the two different writing styles.

I have a lot to work into my schedule  I do have a seasonal daytime job besides my three blogs and family life. Why don't I drop one of my blogs? It's my way to talking to myself and keeping record so that I don't forget what I've decided or concluded. It's kind of talking out loud which may or may not sound crazy, depending on t person you are. Thankfully I have a cat to talk to that likes to keep me company. That's her in the picture to the right. Amber is my writing and computer buddy though she can be more of a nuisance than inspiration. It doesn't help that I procrastinate upon occasion...like now! Well I suppose I should be going back to the drawing board!

0 comments: